Italy

Monday, September 18, 2006

When In Rome


Doesn't that saying remind you of "Anchorman?" Many things in Italy remind me of movies. The miniature cars and the electric outlets make me think of "Just Married." Speaking of movies, "Ace Ventura 2: When Nature Calls" came on TV this weekend. The girls in my hotel room in Cinque Terra turned it on for some back ground noise, I guess, and I actually found it to be quite amusing. Of course I couldn't understand the Italian, but Jim Carrey doesn't need words to be funny. And the random guy speaking Italian for him sounded nothing like him. Anyway, after being in Ariccia for almost a week, I was ready to see Rome. We went on Thursday to see a few of the many sights that the city has to offer. I'd never ridden on a train before so I was excited about that, too. However, it wasn't much different from the tram things that are in big airports. But when we got to the huge station in Rome, I was overwhelmed. There are about 30 tracks with all kinds of trains-ghetto trains, overnight trains, fast trains, etc. And I thought I'd never be able to figure out how European train schedules work, but after hours of riding on a train this weekend to the Italian Riviera and back, I think I've got it down. The Euro Star was amazing; it was much cleaner and faster than other trains. We rode through Tuscany on the way from Florence to Rome, and the scenery was absolutely beautiful! It's what I pictured that area to look like. I sat in my seat listening to some praise music in awe of God's creation. The Lord is so cool. And He sure is creative. I can't begin to imagine how amazing Heaven will be.

1 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

check out the dark fingernails in that picture... is that straight up black, or a dark purple?

has anything you've seen yet reminded you of Ocean's 12?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home